Roasted Carrot Hummus is an easy way to make a favorite healthy snack even healthier! Packed with all your usual hummus ingredients like chickpeas, garlic, and sesame, plus vibrant orange color from the roasted carrots. A fun twist on hummus, it might become your new favorite snack!
How to Make Roasted Carrot Hummus
Roasted Carrot Hummus is quick and easy to make, loaded with healthy ingredients, gorgeously colorful and super tasty! Making your own homemade hummus is so worth the extra time. It’s much fresher and healthier than the store-bought version, and it can keep in the fridge all week or half of the batch can be frozen for later.
Roasting the carrots, onion and garlic intensifies their flavors, while caramelizing their sugars for a sweet and savory balance. A few dried apricots and honey add to that sweetness while the tart fresh lime juice keeps it in balance. A scoop of plain yogurt makes it super creamy while giving you extra protein and healthy fats. A food processor is the best for bringing it all together. Super smooth, hiding those veggies inside for picky kids, and so easy!
Ways to Serve
I love to meal prep a batch of hummus to keep in the fridge all week. It is so handy and versatile and makes for a lot of snack and lunch options. For healthy snacking, we dip our hummus with tortilla chips, pretzels, pita crackers or cut up veggies like bell pepper and cucumber. For lunch, hummus makes the perfect deli wrap or veggie bagel sandwich with sliced avocado, lettuce or spinach and a slice of cheese! It packs the nutrition so we eat it on everything!
More Healthy Snacks
Roasted Carrot Hummus
- 4-5 carrots chopped in large chunks
- ½ small onion cut in a couple large chunks
- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil, salt and pepper salt pepper
- 5 dried apricots
- 1 juice of a lime squeeze, or I cut the peel off and use the whole thing
- 1 can garbanzo or white beans
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 2 T sunflower seeds
- 1 T seasame seeds
- 1 T honey
- ¼ c plain yogurt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ t kosher salt
- 5 grinds fresh pepper
- 2 T olive oil or more as needed
- Preheat oven to 400°. Roast carrots, onion, and whole garlic cloves tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper for about 30 minutes or until they are starting to brown and caramelize.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients and process until smooth. Add more olive oil to reach the right consistency.