Every month I get together with some old girlfriends, everybody brings food and we just catch up. I always ask what they want me to bring, and every time it’s the same, “Bring your famous guacamole!” Easy for me, and I don’t know how famous it is, it’s rather basic. But it is delicious, fresh, easy, healthy, and even the kids like it, (mostly for the chips).
- 3 ripe avocados (skin should be black and soft when pressed)
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1/4 c chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 c chopped red or any onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 T cilantro, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno, minced (optional)
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 4 grinds fresh black pepper
- Cut your avocados in half lengthwise around the pit and twist open, hit the pit with your knife (be careful), when the knife is stuck in the pit, twist to remove it and discard. Make a grid of cuts in the avocado and scoop the flesh out with a spoon. Add the lime juice next so the avocado won’t brown.
- Add all other ingredients and mix and smash with a fork to combine. The avocado will mash a bit as you combine the ingredients but leave it as chunky as you like it. Serve with tortilla chips.
Microformatting by hRecipe.