I’m just starting to get a few things to harvest from the garden so I’m putting some healthy snacks in the fridge! Hummus is easy to make yourself and always have on hand, great to dip with veggies, chips or pretzels, or to make a veggie wrap or veggie bagel sandwich for a quick lunch! Extras can be frozen too!
Healthy Greens Hummus
- 1 can garbanzo or white beans
- 1 clove garlic
- Handful of greens and herbs I used spinach, kale, Swiss chard, green onions, cilantro or basil
- 2 T sesame seeds or tahini
- 1/2 juice of a lime
- 2 T white wine vinegar
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/4 c plain yogurt
- 1 t cumin
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 6 grinds black pepper
- Puree all ingredients in a food processor until smooth
- Store extras in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze in small containers or glass jars.