Christmas Morning Protein Pancakes are the perfect holiday balance of easy and festive! AND, they are my favorite go-to pancake recipe year round! Packed with nutritious ingredients like oats, almond flour, yogurt and extra eggs, and made extra merry and bright with green kiwi, red raspberries, and white chocolate chips!
Protein Pancakes Any Day
These protein pancakes aren’t just for Christmas morning! We have these pancakes every week all year. They are so quick and easy! All the ingredients are in 1/4 cup amounts, so grab just one measuring cup and you only need one bowl! Top them with any fruits to fit the occasion. Strawberries and pomegranate seeds would be great for Christmas too! We love to add a smoothie to all our favorite breakfasts!
Most pancake recipes are full of flour and sugar, and have me feeling hungry by mid morning. Not these! Protein pancakes are packed with rolled oats, almond flour, plain yogurt and extra eggs to keep you going all morning! Real ingredients, no sugar, and topped with real maple syrup.
In 5 minutes, you can whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl, add everything else and mix it all together. Make sure your griddle is nice and hot before you ladle on the batter. Spend more time around the Christmas tree and less time in the kitchen this year! Christmas Morning Protein Pancakes are sure to be a kid approved and just might be your new favorite pancake recipe!
More Holiday Breakfast Favorites
- Homemade Crepes
- Cranberry Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Spinach & Sausage Quiche
- How to Make a Fruit Plate
- Carrot Pecan Muffins
- ¾ c flour
- ¾ c almond flour
- ¾ c rolled oats
- 2 t baking powder
- ½ t baking soda
- ¼ t kosher salt
- ¾ c plain yogurt
- ¾ c orange juice
- 3 eggs
- 3 T melted butter or coconut oil
- blueberries and maple syrup
- In a large bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix, then add all the wet ingredients and mix again (no need to dirty two bowls) (a 1/4 c measuring cup can be used for the entire recipe to make it fast).
- Cook on a hot griddle. Blueberries can be added while the pancakes are cooking and they can be topped with any fruit. Store extras in the fridge and microwave the next day.