Avocado Bean Dip is the perfect cross between Guacamole and Hummus. It’s a healthy and delicious dip for game day or any day! Serve it with veggies and pretzels, pita chips, crackers or tortilla chips!
The Ultimate Party Food
Avocado Bean Dip is the perfect addition to any party platter or game day snack board. Homemade dips are far healthier than their store-bought counterparts, and this one is no exception! Packed with protein and nutrition from the white beans, plus healthy fats from the avocado and yogurt, you can spread it on veggie bagels or deli wraps too.
For a perfect game day party platter, start with your bowl of dip, and add an additional bowl of salty nuts, olives, or cheese curds if you like. Surround the bowls with piles of veggies like carrot, bell pepper, cucumber, celery, cherry tomatoes, pea pods or broccoli. Add something salty for extra dipping like pretzels, pita crackers, or tortilla chips. Super kid friendly too! Pair it with a pot of chili or a crockpot full of meatballs and you’ve got a complete party menu!
Avocado Bean Dip is super quick and easy to make! In under 10 minutes, all ingredients are simply pureed in a food processor. Any type of white beans or chickpeas work great. The recipe uses cilantro to give it the punch of green, but basil can be substituted for an entirely new flavor! Trying the same recipe but switching up the herbs and trying lemon vs. lime juice gives you a handful of slightly different variations. Remember that avocado will begin to brown after a day, so this dip is best eaten the day it’s made. Ditch the store-bought hummus at your next party, they’ll eat it till it’s gone!
More Favorite Dips!
- Parmesan Herb Veggie Dip
- Roasted Carrot Hummus
- 5 Minute Salsa
- Healthy “Greens” Hummus
- Raisin Pine Nut Goat Cheese Appetizer
Avocado Bean Dip
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 15oz can white beans or chickpeas
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 avocado ripe (can use 2 to stretch the recipe)
- ½ juice of a lemon (a lime can be substituted)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 grinds fresh black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (Or try any mixture of herbs such as basil, chives, and parsley for a different flavor!)
- Puree all ingredients in a food processor until smooth (do the garlic alone first to make sure it gets minced)
- Keep in mind, the dip does not keep well a second day because of the avocado.