Parmesan Herb Veggie Dip is the best healthy snack for all those summer veggies! Super quick and easy, it's ready in under 10 minutes, so ditch your store-bought ranch for this delicious go-to favorite! Yogurt-based, full of fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese, it's better-for-you snacking!
Why We Love It!
- It Tastes so GOOD! - Sometimes fresh raw vegetables is just the simplest and best way to eat them! Seems to be the way kids like them, so why fight that! This creamy herb dip is packed with flavor from the freshly grated Parmesan cheese, tangy yogurt, and bright herbs to make those veggies the best they can be!
- It's Fast and Easy! - Parmesan Herb Dip isn't much harder than grabbing a bottle of ranch. You can throw this dip together in minutes, and skip all the preservatives in the store-bought dip! Better for you, with real ingredients!
- It's Not Just for Snack Time! - While this easy veggie dip is great to whip up for a snack, it's also a great base for a vegetable charcuterie board for a party. AND, it's an awesome dinner side dish! We love simple summer meals on the patio, burgers or brats from the grill, baked beans or sliced watermelon, and a rainbow veggie platter with this Parmesan Yogurt Dip!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Mayo & Yogurt - Vegetable dip is often made with some combination of mayonnaise and sour cream. This Parmesan Herb Veggie Dip uses plain yogurt instead of sour cream, which is always a great substitute. A bit healthier, and the tanginess of the yogurt is delicious in this dip.
- Parmesan Cheese - Freshly grated Parmesan really adds amazing flavor here! I always recommend buying a block and grating it yourself as needed. It doesn't cost much more and it really stays fresher. Feta or blue cheese will also give you great variations!
- Lemon Juice - A fresh squeeze of lemon juice gives you the acidity to balance the creaminess of the dip. Fresh is always best, but you can also substitute red or white wine vinegar.
- Fresh Herbs - Fresh herbs make the dip! You can really use whatever you like, but of course this will significantly impact the flavor. For a basic, subtle flavor, try chives and parsley. Adding basil or cilantro would be delicious, but will give you a very different taste. Fresh dill will also give you a drastically different strong flavor, so make sure your guests are dill fans! The basic white dip is really a blank canvas. Different herbs will give you lots of possibilities and variations. A teaspoon of dried Italian seasoning is also ok in a pinch!
- Salt & Pepper - Salt and pepper are incredibly important in this recipe as they enhance the flavors of the few other simple ingredients. However, this is the great part about homemade foods, you can control what you put in! If you are looking for a low sodium veggie dip, simply use less salt. You are sure to be far better off than with the high amount of sodium in highly processed store-bought dips.
This dip couldn't be easier! Just add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well to combine! After making this dip a few times, you won't even need to measure the ingredients. Just an equal scoop of mayo and yogurt, shred in some Parmesan, a good squeeze of lemon, a pinch of salt and pepper, and a bunch of fresh herbs. Easy and delicious!
- Storage - Store dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 or 5 days and give it a good stir before using. Do not freeze.
- Use Coarse Ground Black Pepper - If you have a pepper grinder, loosen up the top for this recipe so you get larger coarse pieces of the peppercorn. They are delicious!
What to Serve with Herb Veggie Dip
A quick veggie dip is a great meal prep to keep in the fridge all week. And it actually goes way beyond just healthy snacking!
- For Healthy Snacking, serve Parmesan Herb Dip with:
- Lots of raw veggies like carrots, celery, pea pods, bell pepper, cucumber, cherry tomato, broccoli, cauliflower, or radish. This is a great chance to add the favorites you know your kids like and a few new ones you're hoping they'll try!
- A few salty extras like seedy crackers, pretzels, or pita chips.
- For Lunch, this mayo yogurt sauce can make a perfect spread on a boring turkey sandwich! Think of it like mayo, with a bunch of extra flavor! You can also use it on any deli wrap or veggie bagel sandwich with sliced avocado, lettuce or spinach, tomato, cucumber and a slice of cheese.
- A Dinner Side Dish! A big tray of veggies and dip are the perfect side dish for summer grilled burgers, sausages or chicken. Add corn on the cob, sliced watermelon or baked beans and potato chips for the perfect simple dinner.
- Healthy Snack Platter Ideas for a Party! Simple veggies and dip is a great base for entertaining. Make a platter with one or two dips, and surround it with veggies, crackers, pretzels, salami, prosciutto or other meats, different kinds of cheeses, and bowls of olives, pickles or nuts.
Yes, with just a short and simple ingredient list, this dip is naturally gluten free. Pair it with fresh raw veggies and a few store-bought gluten free chips or pretzels.
Yes, plain yogurt is a common substitute for sour cream, and they taste pretty similar. So if all you have is sour cream, it's fine to use in this dip.
More Healthy Dips!
Rate this Recipe!
Parmesan Herb Veggie Dip
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons fresh herbs such as basil, parsley and chives
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 grinds fresh black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Serve with sliced veggies,chips or pretzels!
- Fresh Herb Variations - I like to use chives or parsley for a simple basic flavor, but you can also use basil, cilantro or dill for different variations. These stronger tasting herbs will drastically change the flavor of the dip, but are each delicious in their own way! You can sub 1 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning if you don't have fresh.
- Parmesan Cheese Variations - Freshly grated Parmesan is best for this dip. You can also substitute feta or blue cheese for a variation.
- Lemon Juice - Can be substituted with red or white wine vinegar.