If it’s not last night’s leftovers, this is often my lunch in the summer. The recipe is more of an idea list than a recipe…it’s fresh and light and can be different every day. Fruits drizzled with honey, vegetables, cheese, some kind of meat-salami, prosciutto, or smoked salmon-bread, pita or crackers, pretzels or nuts. Many possibilities, always healthy and delicious. It’s the kind of lunch that should be eaten in the backyard with a glass of lemonade, and can be made for one or shared with whoever’s hungry.
Kid friendly too, little hands and lizards welcome:)
The Summer Lunch
- Fruits – apple, pear, berries, kiwi, melon, plums, can be drizzled with honey
- Veggies – cherry tomato, carrot, cucumber, bell pepper
- Meats – salami, prosciutto, smoked salmon, beef sticks
- Bread, pita or crackers, pretzels or nuts
- Arrange on a plate and serve