Curry Chicken Salad is a delicious twist on our favorite lunch! Full of curry flavor, it’s loaded with cashews, golden raisins, celery, and cilantro. In just 15 minutes, you can meal prep a batch for the busy week ahead!
Meal Prep Favorite
I love all chicken salad and this Curry Chicken Salad is a delicious variation to the usual fruit and nut combinations. I almost forgot about it until I found a bottle of curry powder in the back of my spice cupboard. That spoonful of curry powder packs so much flavor, sweetened with a drizzle of honey, it’s oh so delicious. And it’s full of pantry staples, so you probably already have everything you need on hand. With only 8 ingredients, as long as I have leftover chicken, a quick batch is easy! Now I’ve been making it almost every week, it’s one of my favorite easy meal prep lunches.
It’s one of those perfect Sunday meal preps to have a few lunches ready to go. In just 15 minutes, combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well to combine. Leftover or rotisserie chicken work great here. When I make chicken for dinner, I like to make extra. Leftover cooked cold chicken is so handy to have in the fridge the next day. It’s perfect for chicken salad or for another dinner the next night, like soup, chicken pot pie or flatbread pizzas.
How to Serve
Curry Chicken Salad can be served as a sandwich, a deli wrap with lettuce or spinach, a pita pocket, or a dip with crackers! You can keep it gluten free by adding a few scoops to a salad with sliced apples and cucumbers or shredded carrots. How many New Year’s Resolutions are to pack a lunch to work?
Other Lunch Favorites
Curry Chicken Salad
- 2½ c chicken cooked and chopped (leftover or rotisserie chicken work well)
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 1 T cilantro chopped (optional)
- ¼ c golden raisins
- ¼ c cashews, roasted and salted chopped
- 1 t honey
- 1 T curry powder
- pinch kosher salt (amount depends on how salty your chicken is, rotisserie chicken is heavily seasoned so you shouldn't need much more salt)
- 4 grinds fresh black pepper
- ⅓ c mayo more or less depending on preference
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, add mayo last until you reach desired consistency (some people like more or less mayo)