Get Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs every time, with these simple steps! Take the guess work out of eggs, and never end up with overcooked grey or black yolks again! Hard boiled eggs are a great addition to so many meals, and are truly more delicious when perfectly cooked!
Perfectly Hard Boiled Eggs
Hard boiled eggs should be two colors and two colors only, yellow and white. Not grey, not green, not black….yellow and white! There are many methods out there, but the last thing you want to do is just start boiling and forget about them! The secret to perfection? Use a timer!
- Place eggs in a pot covering them with cold water by about an inch. Bring to a boil over high heat. Right when they reach a boil, turn the heat off and cover. Let them sit in the hot water for 15 minutes, set a timer! Run under cold water, crack and peel.
Perfectly cooked eggs just taste so much better! Just a pinch of salt and pepper and they are delicious on their own. They are also a handy to have extras meal prepped for the week, because they can be useful in so many ways. Eat them for a protein-packed snack or a quick addition to breakfast. Use them for easy lunches like Egg Salad, or add them to a veggie bagel or deli wrap. Use them for dinner with Chopped Dinner Salad!
Hard Boiled Egg Recipes!
Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
- Place eggs in a pot covering them with cold water by about an inch. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Right when they reach a boil, turn the heat off and cover.
- Let them sit in the hot water for 15 minutes, set a timer!
- Run under cold water, crack and peel.