Salad is a great lunch (or even dinner) in the spring and summer. Asparagus is in season and the quinoa and eggs make it plenty filling. I serve it with goat cheese, crusty bread and a simple vinaigrette. Bacon, cherry tomatoes, and feta cheese would make great additions or substitutes for a salad next week:)
Recipe: Spring Green Salad
- a few handfuls of spinach
- 1/4 c cooked red quinoa (per person), served warm or cold
- hard boiled eggs, quartered, see notes**
- asparagus (leftover grilled or blanched– or to cook, drop trimmed asparagus into salted boiling water for 2 to 4 minutes)
- avocado, sliced (half per person)
- goat cheese, crumbled
- basic vinaigrette, homemade or store bought or lemon juice and olive oil
- Assemble salads on individual plates or make a large platter family style. The amounts are not given exactly, use as much as you like of each ingredient to feed just yourself or any amount of people.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve with crusty bread
**For perfectly cooked eggs…Place eggs in a pot covering them with cold water by about an inch. Bring to a boil over high heat. Right when they reach a boil, remove the pot from the heat and cover. Let them sit in the hot water for 17 minutes. Run under cold water, crack and peel.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Microformatting by hRecipe.