Spring Asparagus Salad with Goat Cheese is the perfect lunch or dinner for the season! A fresh bed of greens, topped with protein-packed quinoa and hard boiled eggs, sliced avocado, and a simple dressing, it’s a delicious easy salad!
Make a Salad A Meal
Salad is a great lunch (or even dinner) in the spring and summer. It’s fresh, light, and can be plenty hearty and filling. Asparagus is in season and the quinoa, avocado and hard boiled eggs make it plenty more of a complete meal. The hard boiled eggs are truly one of my favorite salad components, so make sure you don’t overcook them!
- For Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs – Place eggs in a pot covering them with cold water by about an inch. Bring to a boil over high heat. Right when they reach a boil, turn the heat off and cover. Let them sit in the hot water for 15 minutes, set a timer! Run under cold water, crack and peel.
This Spring Asparagus Salad can really be served all year by substituting what is in season. Bacon, cherry tomatoes, and feta cheese would make great variations for a salad next week! When spring turns to summer, swap your asparagus for blanched green beans and roasted corn sliced off the cob! Try my favorite Chopped Dinner Salad with Roasted Potatoes and keep a salad night in your monthly meal rotation!
More Favorite Weeknight Meals!
- Creamy Farfalle Pasta with Prosciutto and Peas
- One-Pot Weeknight Jambalaya
- Italian Subs with Giardiniera
- Creamy Asparagus Soup
- Friday Night Pizza Night
Spring Asparagus Salad with Goat Cheese
- a few handfuls of spinach or any greens
- ¼ c red quinoa, cooked (per person), served warm or cold follow package instructions
- hard boiled eggs, quartered, see notes**
- asparagus (To cook, drop trimmed asparagus into salted boiling water for 2 to 4 minutes, or use leftover)
- avocado, sliced (half per person)
- goat cheese, crumbled
- basic vinaigrette, homemade or store-bought or lemon juice and olive oil
- Assemble salads on individual plates or make a large platter family style. The amounts are not given exactly, use as much as you like of each ingredient to feed just yourself or any amount of people. Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve with crusty bread.
- **For Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs - Place eggs in a pot covering them with cold water by about an inch. Bring to a boil over high heat. Right when they reach a boil, remove the pot from the heat and cover. Let them sit in the hot water for 15 minutes. Run under cold water, crack and peel.