I make tacos different every time… different meats or no meat, different veggies, grilled roasted or raw, different salsas and guacamole, beans or rice, etc, etc, etc. So here is just our latest taco night, at our house its usually once a week and nobody complains:)
Recipe: Grilled Steak Tacos with Peppers and Onions
- 1 lb steak
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- juice of one lime (save a little if you are making guacamole)
- 3 T olive oil
- 10 cranks freshly cracked pepper
- mini sweet peppers or any bell pepper cut into large chunks and tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper
- corn tortillas, cilantro, guacamole for serving
- Marinate the steak in a ziploc bag with the onion, garlic, lime, oil and pepper, all day or overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill on high, remove steak from marinade to a plate and salt both sides. Grill the steak, onions from the marinade, peppers, and tortillas about 15 minutes. Steak should be medium rare (or desired doneness) and vegetables and tortillas should be charred.
- Allow steak to rest 10 minutes before slicing thin. Assemble tacos and top with guacamole and extra cilantro. Add any of your favorite taco toppings.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 3
Microformatting by hRecipe.