A quick Breakfast Quinoa Bowl is made using leftover plain quinoa and treating it like oatmeal! It makes a great healthy bowl to top it with berries, pomegranate seeds and homemade granola!
Breakfast Bowl with Staying Power
I’m nursing an 8 month old little monster, I thought I ate a lot when I was pregnant! This is a quick and easy, super healthy, late morning snack, also know to me and the other nursing mothers as “second breakfast” or “pre-lunch.” Quinoa is high in protein and fiber to keep you going and filled up. You can use leftover quinoa from dinner, or make up a “batch” (follow the package instructions) and keep it in your fridge all week. Throw a scoop in salads, in soup, or eat it for breakfast like oatmeal!
Once you have cooked plain quinoa in your fridge, making a Breakfast Quinoa Bowl is so easy. Just scoop the quinoa in a bowl or coffee cup, add almond or coconut milk to almost cover, and microwave until hot. Top it with berries, pomegranate seeds and homemade granola. Add a bit of sweetness if you like, honey, maple syrup or brown sugar, although the granola might be sweet enough. You could also add a scoop of yogurt or applesauce. As versatile as a bowl of oatmeal, you can get creative with your toppings! Try chopped nuts, raisins or any dried fruit, sliced peaches or kiwi. Any topping that you like on oatmeal, will work on quinoa!
More Healthy Breakfast Favorites!
- Crockpot Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Everyday Smoothies
- Protein Pancakes
- Cranberry Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Healthy Breakfast Ideas for Kids!
Breakfast Quinoa Bowl
- ½ c cooked quinoa (follow package instructions and store in the fridge all week) about half a coffee mug of cooked quinoa
- almond milk to cover
- Toppings - blueberries, pomegranate seeds, homemade granola, drizzle of honey or maple syrup (may want a sweetener unless you use sweetened almond milk)
- Fill a coffee mug about half full of cooked quinoa. Cover with almond milk (or any milk), microwave for about a minute. Add toppings and enjoy!