Grilled Veggies with Yogurt Sauce can make a great vegetarian dinner with quinoa, or be served as a side for summer grill outs! It’s simple, healthy, and beautifully delicious!
Feels like summer is finally around the corner! This has been a long tough winter, but don’t we say that every year? A 60 degree day in April, we’ll take it. Fire up your grill! Grilled Veggies with Yogurt Sauce can be a main course, or a side dish to feed a crowd with grilled chicken, burgers and brats. The yogurt sauce and pitas make it a bit Greek inspired. I used zucchini, onion, bell pepper, and tomato, but and you can use any vegetables you like. Asparagus, mushrooms, and eggplant would be delicious substitutions or additions. A bed of quinoa or another grain could be added to round out the meal.
This simple yogurt sauce can be mixed up in a few minutes and kept in the fridge. It can be made in any amount by just using as much yogurt as you think you’ll need. Add as many herbs as you like. Preheat an outdoor grill and prepare your vegetables. Slice veggies in large enough rounds or pieces that they can hold up on the grill. Too thin and they will burn or turn to mush. Toss them in a large bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper. Make sure the grill is really hot before you start so you get nice black sear marks. When they look done, they’re done!
Grill pita or naan bread and arrange the veggies on a platter around the bowl of sauce. Garnish with sliced avocado, scallions, and crumbled feta or goat cheese. Steak, burgers, sausages, brats, chicken or fish can be grilled at the same time for the perfect outdoor gathering!
More Favorite Summer Recipes!
- Garden Bruschetta
- Summer BBQ Ribs
- Grilled Steak Tacos with Peppers and Onions
- White Bean Salad with Sun-dried Tomato and Arugula
- Garden BLT’s with Pesto Aioli
Grilled Veggies with Yogurt Sauce
For the Yogurt Sauce
- 1 c plain yogurt (Greek or regular)
- ½ juice of a lemon
- ¼ t kosher salt
- 6 grinds fresh black pepper
- 2 to 3 T fresh herbs (any combo of chives, parsley, basil, or cilantro)
For the Veggies
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper (or any color)
- 1 onion sliced in rings
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 t kosher salt
- 8 grinds fresh black pepper
- scallions sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- feta or goat cheese crumbled
- pita bread
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients for the yogurt sauce and reserve in the fridge.
- Slice all veggies into large pieces and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Grill veggies over high heat on an outdoor grill. Grill pita bread last.
- Arrange veggies on a platter and top with avocado slices and cheese crumbles. Amounts don't need to be exact, grill as many veggies as you like!