Grilled Vegetables with Yogurt Sauce can make a great vegetarian dinner with quinoa and grilled pita bread, or be served as a side dish for summer grill outs! It's great to feed a crowd with grilled chicken, burgers, brats or sausages! The herb yogurt sauce and pitas make it a bit Greek inspired, simple, healthy, and beautifully delicious!
- The Yogurt Sauce - This simple yogurt sauce can be mixed up in a few minutes and kept in the fridge. It can be made in any amount by just using as much yogurt as you think you'll need. Add as many herbs as you like! The herbs can give your dip some variations in flavor. We like basil, chives, parsley or cilantro, but you could even add in some mint for a new taste!
- The Vegetables - I like to use whatever veggies we have growing in the garden! This often includes zucchini, bell pepper and a few tomatoes cut in half. Or you can throw a in a handful of cherry tomatoes left whole. They grill pretty fast so take them off before they burn! You can add or substitute any vegetables you like such as portobello mushrooms, summer squash, asparagus, or eggplant.
Step 1 - Mix up the yogurt sauce and keep it in the fridge, this can be made anytime up to a day in advance.
Step 2 - Preheat an outdoor grill and prepare your vegetables. Slice veggies in large enough rounds or pieces that they can hold up on the grill. Too thin and they will burn or turn to mush. Toss them in a large bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper. Make sure the grill is really hot before you start so you get nice black sear marks.
Step 3 - When they look done, they're done! Some veggies may take longer than others so pull them off as you go. Arrange your grilled vegetables platter with a bowl of the yogurt sauce and add sliced avocado, crumbled feta or goat cheese, grilled pita bread or a bed of quinoa if you like!
What to Serve with Grilled Veggies
Grilled vegetables with yogurt sauce make an excellent side dish for Italian sausage, burgers, bratwurst, steak, fish or grilled chicken! It can all be cooked together on an outdoor grill, perfect for summer gatherings!
What to serve with bbq chicken, burgers, brats and other grilled food for larger gatherings:
- Grilled Veggies with Yogurt Sauce
- Lemon Orzo Pasta Salad
- Avocado Bean Dip with veggies and salty snacks
- Broccoli Salad with Feta and Cranberries
- White Bean Bruschetta
More Favorite Summer Recipes!
And be sure to Subscribe and never miss a recipe!
Grilled Vegetables with Yogurt Sauce
For the Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup plain yogurt (Greek or regular)
- ½ juice of a lemon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 grinds fresh black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons fresh herbs (any combination of basil, chives, parsley, or cilantro)
For the Vegetables
- 1 zucchini sliced thick
- 1 red bell pepper (or any color) cut in large pieces
- 1 onion sliced in rings
- 3 roma tomatoes cut in half lengthwise
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 grinds fresh black pepper
- Optional Additions - avocado, feta or goat cheese crumbles, grilled pita bread, quinoa, sliced scallions
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients for the yogurt sauce and reserve in the fridge.
- Slice all veggies into large pieces and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Grill veggies over high heat on an outdoor grill. Grill pita bread last.
- Arrange your grilled vegetable tray and top with avocado slices and cheese crumbles.
- Other Vegetables that can be Grilled - add or substitute portobello mushrooms, asparagus, summer squash, or eggplant.
- Amounts don't need to be exact, grill as many veggies as you like!