Morning Glory Muffins are a delicious breakfast or snack to have stocked in the freezer! These hearty muffins are packed with healthy ingredients like carrots, apple, banana, oats, nuts, and seeds. They make the perfect breakfast on the go, and are a great snack for kids or addition to a lunchbox!
A Healthier Muffin
I love muffins, especially with coffee for a late morning snack. But, I want them to be a snack, not a dessert. A lot of the healthy muffin recipes I’ve seen aren’t really very healthy. They are full of lots of flour and sugar mixed in with a banana or two to give them their healthy claim. I’ve created this recipe to be able to eat two if you want! With a clean list of ingredients to make a healthy addition to breakfast or snack time, with extra to have stocked in the freezer!
Instructions & Tips
Morning Glory Muffins have quite a long ingredient list, but don’t let that scare you away. These muffins are nutrient dense, packed with the good stuff in every bite! I’ve replace the sugar with maple syrup, and the applesauce, fruit, and orange juice give it extra natural sweetness.
I’ve also swapped white flour with healthier substitutes – whole wheat flour, almond flour, and rolled oats. The nuts, seeds and extra eggs give you more protein and nothing is short on taste!
Muffins are so simple to make! Just add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk them together. Then add in everything else and mix until well combined. Portion them in two muffing trays and add a spoonful of topping. The topping is the best part! We like to mix oats, nuts or seeds, and chocolate, white or butterscotch chips. Bake without peeking in the oven! Opening the oven door can cause muffins to sink! Enjoy with a pat of butter and a cup of coffee!
More Favorites Baking Recipes!
- Cranberry Baked Oatmeal Cups with White Chocolate
- Almond Spiced Granola
- Carrot Pecan Muffins
- Black Bean Brownies
- Zucchini Cookies
Morning Glory Freezer Muffins
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1 c almond flour
- 1 c rolled oats
- ½ c chopped pecans or walnuts
- ½ c sunflower seeds
- ½ c raisins
- 2 T chia or flax seeds
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- ½ t kosher salt
- 2 t cinnamon
- ¼ t nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- ½ c apple sauce
- ½ c maple syrup
- ½ c coconut oil or butter melted
- ½ c orange juice
- 2 carrots grated (about 1 cup packed)
- 2 apples diced small
- 1 banana mashed
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 T butter melted
- 1 c any combination of rolled oats, chopped nuts, sunflower or pumpkin seeds, chocolate, butterscotch or white chips
- Preheat oven to 425°, THEN LOWER temperature to 375° when you put the muffins in.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients with a whisk
- Add all other ingredients and mix, batter will be thick.
- Spray muffin tins, or use reusable silicone muffin liners. Fill cups full and add topping. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes
- Makes about 20-23 muffins