Chocolate Pretzel Energy Bites are the perfect combination of protein and sweet treat. Keep them in your freezer for a healthy snack or indulgent afternoon bite!
Yoga and Snacks
My friend and yoga teacher hosted her 2nd annual yoga fundraiser, and this year I not only made the snacks, I got to attend the class! It was a wonderful night of snacking, chatting and yoga, which I haven’t gotten to do much of lately. When I arrived home long after bedtime, my wide awake children said “we missed you mommy.”
We had a perfect balance of savory and sweet, including two of my favorite appetizer snacks:
- for the savory – Honey Nut Brie with Fruit
- for the sweet – Chocolate Energy Yoga Bites (recipe below), and Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Chocolate Pretzel Energy Bites have quickly become one of my favorite treat-snacks at have stashed in the freezer for a late afternoon bite. They are so delicious eaten straight from the freezer! They are protein dense, full of peanut butter, oats and lots of nuts and seeds. The pretzels give them that salty crunch and the chocolate chips and honey balance out the sweet.
To make, just process the ingredients in a food processor. Use a portion scoop to make them into little balls to freeze. That’s it! The perfect little treat, great to put in a kid’s lunchbox too!
More Favorite Freezer Treats!
Chocolate Energy Yoga Bites
- 1 c nuts/seeds any combination of almonds, walnuts, cashews, sunflower, chia, pumpkin seeds, etc.
- 1 c pretzels
- 1 c oats
- ½ c shredded coconut
- ½ c peanut butter
- ¼ c nutella
- ¼ c coconut oil melted
- 3 T honey
- ¼ c raisins
- ¼ c chocolate or white chocolate chips
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 T cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- Pulse nuts and pretzels in the food processor a couple times, add all other ingredients and process until well combined
- Use a portion scoop to form mixture into bites
- Freeze and serve frozen (or however you like)