Kale needs bacon, it is just too healthy without it. This is a very quick and easy dinner for busy week nights!
Recipe: Bacon Kale Spaghetti
- 1/2 lb spaghetti (about half a box)
- 4 strips bacon, sliced
- 1/2 to 1 bunch kale (about 4 or 5 large leaves), stemmed and chopped small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp and remove it to a bowl leaving the fat in the skillet
- While bacon is cooking, boil water and cook pasta using package instructions
- When bacon has been cooked through and removed, add kale to the remaining bacon fat and saute about 5 minutes, add about 1/4 cup of the hot pasta water (while the pasta is cooking) to the kale and continue cooking until evaporated.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper and cook another minute
- With tongs, add pasta to the kale skillet, a little of the pasta water is okay
- Add the bacon back in and toss the mixture with tongs, adding as much grated Parmesan as you like, allow the pasta to stay on the heat another minute or so while tossing to make sure it is well combined.
- Top with more cheese for serving
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Microformatting by hRecipe.