Roasted Vegetable Flatbread Pizza is the perfect weeknight winter meal when tomato and basil are out of season! Loaded with roasted veggies like winter squash, onion, carrot, zucchini, and bell pepper, these pizzas are interchangeable to add the ingredients you love! Topped with the easiest “sauce” of just a dribble of cream and melty cheese, it’s a new and different twist to pizza night!
Friday Night is Pizza Night!
- Vegetable Flatbread is a Fun Twist on Pizza Night! – Friday night is pizza night in our house! And when the tomato basil pizzas of summer are long gone, roasted veggie flatbreads are a fun variation! Any winter veggies can be used, roasted to bring out their flavor, and topped with fresh chopped garlic and melty cheese!
- It’s Easy! – This veggie lovers pizza uses store-bought naan flatbread as the crust so it’s an easy meal! Just roast your veggies and pile them on the flatbread with cheese. The white sauce is simply a dribble of heavy cream that cooks as the pizza bakes, totally simple!
- If you Love Pizza Night, check my Homemade Pizza, the Complete Process!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Roasted Vegetables – The veggie toppings can really be anything you have! For this pizza I used onion, bell pepper, zucchini, potato, fennel, carrot and delicata squash. Delicata is a hard winter squash similar but smaller than a butternut or acorn, but those would work great too! You can make your naan pizza bread with different veggies every time. Try different combinations with cauliflower, mushroom, or broccoli. Add extras that don’t need to be pre-roasted like olives, chopped kale, or jarred artichokes.
- Flatbread/Naan Pizza Bread – Any store-bought naan bread will work for the flatbread pizza crust. I’ve used the Stonefire naan pizza brand or Aldi flatbread pizza. Buy a few extra packages for the freezer, frozen naan bread can be used for this recipe, no need to thaw!
- Cream – A few tablespoons of heavy cream dribbled over the top of this white flatbread pizza makes the simplest “sauce.” Spreading cream cheese on the flatbreads can be a substitute for the heavy cream.
- Chicken – Adding meat is totally optional as this roasted vegetable flatbread is great left vegetarian. If you do prefer to add meat, a rotisserie chicken or leftover chopped chicken or bacon work great!
- Garlic – A few cloves of fresh chopped garlic sprinkled over a veggie flatbread pizza truly adds an amazing flavor! If you can, don’t skip this step!
- Fresh Herbs – If you have them, chopped fresh herbs add a delicious finish to your vegetable flatbread. Rosemary, thyme, parsley or sage are all delicious. Add red pepper flakes if you like a kick!
- Cheese – Any white shredded cheese will work such as white cheddar, Provolone, mozzarella, Muenster, or Parmesan.
Step 1 – Roast your veggies on a large sheet pan at 400° tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper. Keep in mind that some veggies will take longer than others. Group them on the pan in piles so you can take them out as they become done. Veggies can take anywhere from 20 to 45 minutes so check on them often after 20 minutes. Winter squash will likely take the longest.
Step 2 – When your veggies are roasted, chop them smaller if needed, and assemble your pizzas. Drizzle 1 Tablespoon heavy cream on each flatbread as the “sauce”. Add shredded cheese, the roasted vegetables, shredded chicken if using, minced garlic, and fresh herbs. Finish with another 1 Tablespoon heavy cream over the top. Cook flatbreads on a sheet pan in the oven at 400°, until cheese is melted and flatbreads are crisp, about 15 minutes.
Step 3 – Slice and serve your roasted veggie bread pizza with a simple side salad.
Can you Freeze Naan Bread?
Yes! Naan bread freezes beautifully right in the package so it’s great to buy a few extra to always keep them on hand! Frozen naan bread is great for this Roasted Vegetable Flatbread and a simple Pepperoni Flatbread Pizza makes a simple lunch for the kids! You can pile your toppings directly on frozen naan bread, no need to thaw, it will thaw in the oven as it bakes.
More Family Favorite Dinners
Did You Make This Recipe?
I’d love to hear what you think! Hit the share buttons and leave a star rating and a comment below, or tag me in a pic @sungrown_kitchen!
Roasted Veggie Flatbread Pizza
- any roasted veggies, chopped or sliced Such as delicata squash (cut lengthwise and seed cavity removed), onion, fennel, bell pepper, potato, carrot, cauliflower, mushroom, or zucchini
- 4 flatbreads thawed or frozen is fine
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream per flatbread
- cooked chicken, shredded rotisserie or leftover works great (optional, or leave vegetarian)
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic minced
- spinach or fresh herbs minced (optional, rosemary, thyme, oregano or sage)
- cheese, shredded (any white cheeses will work, Muenster, Provolone, white cheddar, mozzarella and Parmesan)
- Preheat oven to 400° convection bake.
- Wash and chop veggies and spread on a sheet pan, toss with olive oil, ½ teaspoon kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and roast until softened and lightly brown. Some veggies may take longer than others so group in separate piles on the pan so you can remove them as they are done, check after 20 minutes, could take between 20-45 minutes.
- When veggies are roasted, assemble the flatbreads. Drizzle 1 Tablespoon heavy cream on each flatbread, (cream cheese works too) as the "sauce". Add shredded cheese, roasted vegetables, shredded chicken is using, minced garlic, and fresh herbs. Finish with 1 Tablespoon heavy cream over the top.
- Cook flatbreads on a sheet pan in the oven at 400°, until cheese is melted and flatbreads are crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Naan bread can be frozen so buy a few extras to keep on hand! No need to thaw for this recipe.