My absolute favorite chicken salad recipe, so colorful and loaded with fruits and veggies like apple, grapes, onion, celery and fresh herbs! A large batch is a great meal prep lunch for busy weeks!
- 4 c cooked shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken works well)
- 3 ribs celery about 1 cup, chopped
- ½ red or white onion about ½ cup, chopped
- 1 c red grapes halved
- ½ apple about ½ cup, chopped
- 2 T chives chopped
- ½ c pecans or almonds chopped or sliced
- ½ juice of a lemon
- ¼ t nutmeg
- ¼ t cayenne pepper
- ½ t kosher salt
- 8 grinds freshly ground black pepper freshly ground black pepper
- ½ t dijon mustard
- ½ c mayonnaise or more to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
Serve on sandwiches, toast, buns, croissants, deli wraps, crackers, or pitas.