This classic guacamole is loaded with fresh avocado, tomato, onion, garlic, cilantro and lime! It makes the best party appetizer, healthy snack, and perfect addition to taco or chili night!
- 3 ripe avocados (skin should be black and soft when pressed)
- ¼ cup onion small dice
- ¼ cup tomato small dice (optional)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ juice of a lime
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
Cut your avocados in half lengthwise around the pit and twist open. Hit the pit gently with your knife (be careful), when the knife is stuck in the pit, twist to remove it and discard. Make a grid of cuts in the avocado flesh with a knife and scoop out with a spoon into a bowl.
Add all other ingredients and mix well, smashing the avocado with a fork. The avocado will mash as you combine the ingredients, leave it as chunky or smooth as you like it.
Serve with tortilla chips or as a topping for tacos, burritos, nachos, rice bowls, loaded baked potato, or Beef Vegetable Chili.
- Add lime juice to the avocado right after chopping it to keep the avocado from browning.
- If you like your guacamole spicy, you can add any amount of hot sauce, minced jalapeno pepper, or crushed red pepper flakes.
- Guacamole can be made ahead anytime the day you plan to serve it. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the guacamole so it isn't exposed to the air. Wrap the bowl tightly and store in the fridge for up to 6 hours. Stir before serving.
Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 202mg | Potassium: 520mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 210IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg