Roasted Carrot Hummus
Roasted Carrot Hummus is a fun twist on your favorite dip! Beautiful bright orange and delicious unique flavor, the perfect healthy snack!
- 4-5 carrots chopped in large chunks
- ½ small onion cut in a couple large chunks
- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil, salt and pepper salt pepper
- 5 dried apricots
- 1 juice of a lime squeeze, or I cut the peel off and use the whole thing
- 1 can garbanzo or white beans
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 2 T sunflower seeds
- 1 T seasame seeds
- 1 T honey
- ¼ c plain yogurt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ t kosher salt
- 5 grinds fresh pepper
- 2 T olive oil or more as needed
Preheat oven to 400°. Roast carrots, onion, and whole garlic cloves tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper for about 30 minutes or until they are starting to brown and caramelize.
In a food processor, add all ingredients and process until smooth. Add more olive oil to reach the right consistency.