Roasted Veggie Flatbread Pizza
Roasted Veggie Flatbread Pizza is an easy winter twist on pizza night when tomato and basil are out of season! Loaded with roasted veggies like squash, onion, zucchini, and bell pepper and topped with chicken, cream and melty cheese!
- any roasted veggies, chopped or sliced Such as delicata squash (cut lengthwise and seed cavity removed), onion, fennel, bell pepper, potato, carrot, cauliflower, mushroom, or zucchini
- flatbread thawed or frozen is fine
- 2 T heavy cream per flatbread
- cooked chicken, shredded rotissere or leftover works great
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic minced
- spinach or fresh herbs minced (optional, rosemary, thyme, oregano or sage)
- cheese, shredded (any white cheeses will work, Muenster, Provolone, white cheddar, mozzarella and Parmesan)
Preheat oven to 400° convection bake.
Wash and chop veggies and spread on a sheet pan, toss with olive oil, ½t kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (rub winter squash with butter) and roast until softened and lightly brown. Some veggies may take longer than others so group in separate piles on the pan so you can remove them as they are done, check after 20 minutes, could take between 20-45 minutes.
When veggies are roasted, assemble the flatbreads - drizzle 1 T heavy cream on each flatbread, (cream cheese works too) as the "sauce", add roasted vegetables, shredded chicken, minced garlic, fresh herbs, and shredded cheese. Finish with 1 T heavy cream over the top.
Cook flatbreads on a sheet pan in the oven at 400°, until cheese is melted and flatbreads are crisp, about 15 minutes.