Gnocchi with Italian Sausage
Gnocchi with Italian Sausage, like pasta, is a versatile blank canvas! Add peppers, tomato, and grilled sausages for an easy weeknight meal!
- 16 oz package potato gnocchi
- 1 T olive oil
- ½ onion sliced
- 3 mini sweet peppers or ½ red bell pepper sliced
- 2 leftover cooked Italian Sausage links or brats, sliced (or cook separate, simmer in water and then grill or brown in olive oil)
- 1 c cherry tomatoes
- ½ to 1 c garbanzo or any white beans, rinsed (about half a can or so, doesn't need to be exact, other half can be frozen)
- 2 T pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- a handful of roughly chopped greens spinach or arugula (optional)
- 2 T parsley or basil chopped (optional)
- 3 T goat cheese
Cook gnocchi following package instructions, drain and reserve.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, add oil and saute onion and peppers until soft and beginning to brown, season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Add sliced cooked sausage to brown, add tomatoes and beans.
Add pine nuts, greens, and garlic to the skillet. Add drained gnocchi and toss everything together, letting it cook for another couple minutes.
Top with crumbled goat cheese to melt and coat the gnocchi. Serve and enjoy!