One-Pot Weeknight Jambalaya
One-Pot Weeknight Jambalaya is an easy basic version of the Cajun classic dinner! Full of creamy tomatoey rice, Andouille Sausage, onion, celery, green pepper and scallions!
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 1 lb kielbasa or andouille sausage sliced
- ½ t kosher salt
- 6 grinds fresh black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 t paprika
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 ½ c white rice
- 4 c chicken stock plus 1/2 cup of water, more if needed
- scallions, sliced for garnish
In a large pot with a lid, over medium heat, add oil and saute onion, bell pepper, celery, and sliced sausage. Season with salt and pepper, about 15 minutes, stirring often.
Add garlic and paprika and cook for 1 minute.
Add tomato, rice, stock and water. Raise to high heat to bring to a boil. Then cover, reduce heat to medium low, and gently simmer about 20 to 25 minutes (taste the rice to make sure it's done), stir occasionally.
Garnish with scallions and serve.