The Smoothie Bucket
You don't need a Smoothie Recipe, you need a Smoothie Bucket! Keep a container in your freezer to add fruit extras whenever you have them and never waste fruit. Make fast and easy healthy smoothies, everyday without a recipe! Kid-friendly, it's a must-have for mom's!
- 1 fresh or frozen banana because they are cheap, healthy, and are good for consistency
- 1 to 2 c frozen fruit from your smoothie bucket definitely include berries (you can buy a bag of frozen berries to add in)
- ½ c hot water from a tea kettle or faucet
- 1 c orange juice
- ½ c almond milk, coconut milk or a scoop of plain yogurt
- 1 scoop of ice (optional)
- Optional add ins: a few leaves of kale or spinach, a couple baby carrots, a spoonful of chia or flax seeds
In your blender, add banana, frozen fruit including berries, a splash of hot water (I just do this as a precaution to not break my blender), ice, any add ins, orange juice and milk to cover the fruit (the amounts here are not super important) and blend well.
You can add fruit that is not frozen too if you have something in the fridge you want to use up. You eventually won’t even need a recipe, adjust the amounts for your family, blend it up, rinse your blender out and you’re done!